Sunday, July 18, 2010

usual USMC Sunday

much like every Marine my husband HAS to get his hair cut on Sunday, when I am home I do it, always have since before he even joined (saves time and $8...gah if ONLY my haircut was $8) Other than that this lovely day included eating the BEST pizza- Micheal Angelos =) Last night we went bowling with Marines in my husbands unit, one wife was due to have her baby in 2 weeks and the other was a girlfriend and also in the Airforce. Everyone was very nice and they (baby mama excluded) drank way too much- I chose to drive and stay sober. We were out till 0100 and I gotta be honest, my married butt does not want to be out past 10-ever.... most of the guys were young (Josh is 26 and I am 25, the avg age of the guys we were with is 22) and so of course in true 22 year old fashion they were all about getting "hammered" ... The hubs and I just couldn't hang. We decided this morning that we were set on the going out and getting drunk for AWHILE. We just don't have it in us anymore to drink alot, or stay out late- we both did our fair share of partying in college- consider our "wild oats" well sewn.

5 comments:

  1. I wish his haircut was $8... up here it averages around $15... that adds up 4 times a month! I don't think he'd let me do his... he HATES high & tight, and is VERY particular about his low-fade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James got his hair cut today. lol. He waited in line for two hours at the PX to get his high & tight again. He gets it done like that cause I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On base here it's $10.25 for a "military haircut." I agree with you about the staying out too late part. I would much rather prefer to be home by 10 or 11 on most nights. Of course, there are exceptions. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha well here at lovely Camp Lejeune we can get away with $8- for whatever shave you want =)too bad i dont want my head shaved huh? yeah PGMW old age is upon me haha jk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of that cheap haircut too! Every time I go to get mine done it's always around 100 bucks for cut and color!

    ReplyDelete